Friday, February 24, 2012

Sew-vivor: A sewing competition!

Mr Bennett

When I came across this competition not long ago, I KNEW it was for me.  Those of you who know me well know that I am a bit of a sewing fanatic.  Needless to say, I am so excited about this project.  When I found out I was pregnant, I had a million girly ideas floating through my mind.  But when we found out that we were having a boy, I was at a loss for ideas.  Sew-vivor gave me the perfect excuse to really delve into making a cute project for a boy.  This time, I really wanted to make something adorable and fun, something that would stand out. 

Coat: Made by Your's Truly, Shirt: Macy's, Pants: Ralph Lauren, Shoes: Target, PHOTOGRAPHY: Amy Clark Photography


This is how excited he was when we started taking pictures!!












I used a lightweight %100 wool in a gray and black herringbone pattern.  I used Simplicity 2526.  I thought this coat would be the perfect touch for winter.  Also, now that Bennett is walking, it is much easier to keep nice.  This was a great fabric to work with, as it has some ease of movement for the little one.  





This was such a fun, easy, adorable pattern! I think I'll make one in each size...

7 comments:

  1. Sew, did you win? It is awesome and you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is too much cuteness for words. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible sally! You are so talented and Bennett is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrina! How are things at the Pearson household?

      Delete
  4. This turned out REALLY amazing! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete