Monday, June 25, 2012

California May 2012

**Disclaimer! I need a tutorial on how to make those cute picture collages, because it is much easier to view pictures that way!**


I realize its a little late for this! But June is not over yet, people! I really wanted to document our trip that we had recently... even though we will be going back in just 4 short weeks!  


Sunday walk through the Orange Groves
Poppy with her fly cover on

We had such a fun relaxing trip with Braden and Mandy... they have already left for Oklahoma and we are already missing them terribly! This was a very fun last hoorah with them before we don't get to see them for pretty much 4 years.  


Maybe in their wedding video someday? :D

They did lots of this too... playing in this little makeshift kiddie pool!


At the Shamu show... Bennett liked the spraying water more than the whales, I think!

We went to Sea World! Originally we were planning on going to Disneyland, but with the age of our kids, we thought this would be a better plan.  Brightyn and Bennett absolutely LOVED the animals and so it was definitely a good choice.  They even have a few rollercoasters for the elders... aside from Mandy! She is cute and pregnant so no rollers for her! 

Bennett had a lovely explosion right as we were pulling up to Sea World... no extra clothes... I know, I'm a great mom.






Cutest little penguins :D





He was so little, you couldn't see him when he was sitting down!!



All six of us! The lady who took it didn't focus well so it's a little far away and I had to crop it majorly :D But at least we got one!
I love my two boys :D

It was Mandy's birthday that day, so I made sure to make her a birthday cake (the day before...) I hope it was a good day Mandy!


The next day we did lots of this: 
Bennett LOVED exploring the world of swimming.  He kicks his legs and just loves to float around.  He does NOT like to get splashed, however!  Such a cutie. 

Then we went to the beach!


Cute Brightyn! She loved the ocean water.  Bennett, however, did NOT!


Bennett and Grandma Mimi walking in the wet sand.  Bennett liked to throw the rocks in the water, but thats about it!

A little boogie boarding action!

Bryan and Ron attempting to fly this giant kite.  I thought it was going to hurt someone!

Good job boys!

Cuddling with Bennett... he got a big diaper rash and was really tired and sad :( All that sand in their diapers does not do well on sensitive bottoms!

Cute Mandy and Brightyn

The Boyers.  We miss you guys!

The Duffin clan! 

Then we got to see this lovely lady (Sarah) graduate from Hemet High.  Go Sarah! We are so proud of you and your accomplishments and ambitions.  We are so excited to see where life takes you and we wish you the best! 




Sarah, Anna, Ron and Mimi



Beautiful! Congratulations graduate :D

 We really had the best time spending time with family and with the Boyers.  Thanks for the wonderful trip! We'll miss you Mandy, Braden and Brightyn! (oh and baby boy to come :D)


2 comments:

  1. DARLING post Sal! Talk about an overwhelming post too....we had so many Cali pictures it is hard to decide pics, but this post has the highlights for sure. Such cute pictures! :) WE MISS Y'ALL terribly...and wish you could come over for a game night with homemade icecream and homemade popcorn....we'll raincheck for a few years down the line though. Skype soon please.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun Salls!! I'm dying to take a trip to Cali, the beach is calling my name right now!! We need to get together SOOOO badly before you guys head off to philadelphia!!!!! Ahhh it's coming up so soon!!! Miss you!!

    Linds

    ReplyDelete