I think blogs are wonderful things for connecting, sharing our thoughts and day to day activities, keeping a journal, posting pictures, etc. I love reading other people's blogs and seeing how put together they are and how perfect their lives are... wait, did I just say that?
Let me just say. No one is perfect.
No matter how much their blog makes it seem.
I am not a creative and spunky writer. I feel like I can't blog because I have nothing creative or funny to say. But that's ok, right? I am documenting my life as it really is. This is me, and if I'm too boring, then skip over the words and look at the pictures. haha!
I feel like I have to blog in order to keep up with the other women in the blogosphere who have millions of children and sew all of their children's clothes and make gourmet meals for their family every night and who craft everything in their home and who always have a picture perfect house and look like a model. Of course, NO ONE IS ACTUALLY LIKE THIS. This is just my imagination creating horrible awful unrealities! I admire those women who can do it all... I really do! But I, for one, am definitely not one of them.
So this is me, setting aside unnecessary feelings of jealousy and appreciating what I have and what I can do. I have lots of talents and THE cutest baby on earth. But I also have lots of imperfections and struggle with many things!
But I am a person too. With my laundry that needs to be done, my bathroom that needs to be cleaned, my floor that needs to vacuumed, my sewing projects that need to be finished, my bedroom that needs to be picked up, my make-up that needs to be done, I am a person just like you. I KNOW that all those darling women who seem to be perfect have obstacles like this too. They just aren't voiced. And thats okay. But don't be alarmed or bothered if I tell you the REAL parts of my life. Because this is me!
Here's to new beginnings for me. I really like my blog! Because it allows me a place to tell about my life.
Oh and I haven't said this on here yet. I'm PREGNANT! Which is probably where all this emotional ranting is coming from... :D Due April 20th.
![]() |
| Love this boy... And he has my knees... poor thing :) |

AMEN to EVERYTHING you said Sal! I for one love reading how you write. You express and just yourself so perfectly and I could NOT agree more. Love you and your blog. And, saying you are talented is an UNDERSTATEMENT!. Anyway, I too have had EVERY feeling you had even NOT pregnant. But, in the end, I find the blog is healthy for me to vent good and bad and document. Anyway....wish we could go on a morning walk with the kiddos and chat it up! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteYES love this post, I'm always talking about how perfect everyone's life is EXCEPT mine and then I realize that you are soooooo right. No one is going to post about how awful their day was and blah blah, but I think sometimes its ok to do that so that others know, its OK if you aren't perfect! Oh Sals, how we miss you guys, can't wait till you come for a visit in December. Couldn't come soon enough!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Totally agree! I think some people struggle with finding realism. You don't want to be negative nelly but also don't want to give a false illusion of perfection. I'm glad (I think) I've been able to stay true to real life in my personal blog. Even if that means when you read my posts it sounds like someone shoved 100 different emotions in a blender, without a lid, and turned it on purée. Haha!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I thought you were the perfect wife, mother, and seamstress!! I bet you people are thinking the same thing about you that you think about them! Your life seems put together, your life seems perfect, to me! Ha congrats on the new addition!
ReplyDeleteI love this because I feel like I can totally relate! Sometimes I look at other blogs and think--where do people find the time for all this stuff!? I hope my blog isn't one of "those" blogs to other people because I'm trying to "keep it real" :) You are so cute and congratulations on your new little one and more blogging in the future!
ReplyDelete