WARNING: I am terrible at taking cute pictures of my projects... so just deal with the mediocre ones!!!
I am happy to say that I have gotten most of my baby projects completed! It's getting to the point where it is uncomfortable to sew because I can't bend over too well to cut and piece fabric... so I'm glad that my big projects are done!
Now I just have a few odd and ends projects, like dresses, bows and skirts. I have a ton of fabric left from this bedding, so I think I'm going to be like The Sound of Music and make her some cute dresses from this left over fabric!!
I saw this fabric collection online by Riley Blake and I knew that I wanted to use the fabric for Elise's bedding... but I guess a lot of other people loved it too, because it was pretty much SOLD OUT everywhere I looked online! I used this pattern for my quilt, and it calls for a charm pack, but I couldn't find a charm pack in this collection, so I just got a layer cake and then cut it down to my 5" squares. After I made the quilt and had the fabric in hand, I was able to make a better decision about what I wanted for the bumper pads and bed skirt. So then I had to order yardage for it... which was another challenge, but I got everything I wanted!
I quilted my quilt on my machine, and found that this product is my new best friend! It was seriously awesome and made quilting it a cinch, because I didn't have to worry about the underneath layers puckering.
If I could change one thing about it, I would probably use cream sashing/lattice instead of the yellow, because it turned out a little more yellow than I would've liked, but I ended up loving it still!
I had originally order that red polka dot fabric for the binding, but when I got the fabric and saw how YELLOW the other fabric was, I couldn't do the full binding in that because it looked too much like McDonalds. HA! But luckily, because I used a layer cake instead of a charm pack, I had extra 5" squares that I cut in half and pieced together for the binding, and I actually LOVE it.
| This is a close up of the lattice quilting... I quilted it from the other side and just went a 1/4" in on all my blocks. |
I took Bennett's bedding off today so I could take some pictures of the girls bedding, but it isn't quite the same, because the walls are green (we'll be painting them, most likely!!) and the crib is on it's lowest setting for Bennett, so the skirt is dragging. BUT you get the general idea!
I used this tutorial from Elle Apparel for the bumper pads and skirt, but I will have to say, it was VERY vague. I had to figure most of it out myself... For one, I used different sized foam, so my measurements were different, and for two, she didn't go into detail very much about how to do anything haha. So if you are going to attempt this, either use a different tutorial, or CALL ME and I'll help you! But overall, I love how it turned out... I also used her piping tutorial on her blog to cover my piping.
I LOVE the bumpers! I really just think they are adorable... the pictures do NOT do them justice. And the skirt, of course, is so cute too, but it will look better when it's not dragging. Soon enough!
| I used the same fabric for the outside that I used for the backing on the quilt... |
This is the carseat canopy I made... it was just fabric that I had in my stash, but I love how it turned out! I have made them before, and just generally follow Bennett's for the pattern, but used this tutorial for the bows... and it adds a TON of cuteness! I love it. The underside is just the same green.
I found this flannel in my fabric stash, and I'm so glad I had it, because I LOVE it! I ordered this forever ago from fabric.com when it was on clearance, and it's just been sitting there for a few years. But it's perfect for a nice soft receiving blanket.
Ditto with the bluish one... I know it's blue, but it's got flowers and cute birdies and things so it's good for a girl!!
I also got some awesome gauze fabric that my mother-in-law ordered for me from fabric.com. I wanted to make some of those Aden and Anais swaddle blankets, cause I had one for Bennett and loved it. We found the fabric for about $2-3 a yard. WAY cheaper than those blankets cost! And I just folded the sides under twice and stitched around the outside. So easy and so cute. No pictures, but I made a white, pink and purplish one... go order yourself some fabric and make some blankets!
Well there you go. That's what I've been up to lately. We can't wait for this little girl to get here! OH and here's an updated Belly picture from Sunday (30 weeks):


A-dorableness, amazingness, ridiculously talentedness.....Inspired!! LOVE the name on the blanket...I've thought about doing that and now I definitely MUST. SO cute...seeing Elise Olivia on the blanket makes me love the name EVEN more. Don't ask me why?! Miss your face!
ReplyDeleteOh, AND you look GORGEOUS!!! [as always...and adorable}
ReplyDeleteyou look SOO good! you're all baby and skinny as ever. i love the blanket and the name! how sweet, she is going to be so adorable, i can't wait to see pictures. you are so talented sally. i'm so glad you are having a girl so you can pass down some sewing talents! she is so lucky to have you for a mom
ReplyDeleteWow!! You've been busy! This is awesome. I'm excited to see your little baby girl! Love her name too. Jer and I are the same way, we already know all of our baby names and I'm not even pregnant! haha
ReplyDeleteYOU are SO adorable and SO talented!!!!
ReplyDelete