38 weeks on Saturday!
As much as I would just like to twiddle my thumbs until the baby gets here, we have been busy with lots of baby projects lately! Well, lots of projects in general, but baby especially.
We painted a dresser for Bennett's new room, and then we stained our kitchen table and painted the chairs. Pictures on another post!
BABY-WISE: Here are the before and after pictures of painting the baby's room. If we were having another boy, I wouldn't have a problem with this paint color, because it actually goes with the boy bedding, but we needed a change for a girl!
| Bryan taping off the edges |
DURING: The Clarks are so awesome and came to help! I watched the kiddos in the basement to stay away from the fumes...
AFTER: I LOVE how the color turned out!
| I made this name banner with scraps from the bedding. It turned out cute! |
I know, you are all thinking, "Blue?? For a girl??". But isn't it just the perfect shade of blue? I love it. It goes right with the blue that is in the quilt (an extremely lighter shade of it) and it's not overwhelming at all.
I have a lot of cute onesies for summer time, but not really any bottoms to go with them. So I looked through my scraps and my patterns and adjusted a pattern slightly to get these! The original pattern is for a diaper cover, pretty much. So around the legs it had an elastic casing, like the top. But I liked this look better, so I just cut an extra strip, gathered the legs and sewed it on.
I found this pattern for Toms inspired baby shoes on pinterest, so I knew I had to give it a try! The denim ones were a little thick, so I couldn't make the elastic over the top work, but I still love how they turned out!
After I made these first ones, I ended up buying the baby pattern for $4 so I could make different sizes.
| These ones are actually made CORRECTLY and will stay on better. Cute cute! |
If you can't tell, we are so excited for this little girl to join our family!

You are so creative and talented! I wish I new how to sew like that! You should start a business! I would definitely buy things from you!
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with Elise's nursery! I love the colors and the mobile. You are very talented.
ReplyDelete